Discover What You Bring to the World from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (0:50)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
This eventually developed into what I call the Career Compass. This tool has helped me and I think it will help you and it might give you a way to help those around you. Because we often have a difficult time thinking about our own careers and out about own skills and out own benefits that we bring to the world. As was mentioned in the opening, you have to learn how to tell people what you bring to a job. We’re often the worst people to figure that out about ourselves because we don’t think what we do has value. It’s a perverse thing of human nature. It’s very hard for us to express what we think has value about ourselves. it’s one of those areas where it really helps to have someone else around you tell you that and/or help you bring it out yourself.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com