Make Your Career About You from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (0:45)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Another thing that we sometimes do in transition is that we start to turn all our attention externally. We start to worry about that resume and that CV and our interview skills. The fact is, yes, those are important. You cannot deny that. You have to interface with other people to get a job, right? I believe that there are plenty of people out there, plenty of people in this room who could help you with that stuff. That’s not what I focus on and I never have in my columns or anything else. I always focus on the personal — the person having the job. You! Read my columns and you will see the word “You” or “Me” more often than any other word in those columns and that’s just something I happened upon when I first started writing about careers — is I realized that’s where I found it important. That’s what I found important about careers — is helping people because there is so much focus on the external stuff — to give them some tools to bring it internally.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com