Introduction to the Career Compass from Using the Career Compass to Find Your Work and Career [Audio] (0:53)
Watch this entire presentation
Douglas E. Welch (http://douglasewelch.com) presents to the class Career Development – Theories and Techniques at Pepperdine Graduate School of Education & Psychology taught by fellow CareerCamp Co-Chair, Danielle Gruen
The two biggest challenges are deciding what you want to do as a career and then building the career you deserve once you decide.
I discuss the Career Compass method of discovering your career wants, needs and desires and then using various social media tools to show people “What you do and how well you do it”
What this little drawing is here — this is my — I feel like I should do a little trademark — this is my Career Compass. Just a thought that came to me one day when I was trying to help a co-worker decide what to do. They were really, really, really stuck and quite upset. They didn’t — they were in a situation where they didn’t know what to do in their career. They were running a small business and they realized that they either needed to come up with a new small business or do something else entirely. So, I said to them, “Do this for me. Write down everything you like to do and everything you don’t like to do.” This is before I came up with the idea for a compass. “Just write down everything and don’t think about I like to do — I want to work for this company or I want to do this type of job. Go down personally.”
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
Help Support Career Opportunities!
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com