Hard Work and Transition from Transition is the New Normal 2016 with Douglas E. Welch [Video] (0:57)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
I’m right there with you. I am one of the worst. I have a pessimistic leaning personality rather than an optimistic leaning. So it’s very easy for me to go down that hill, but I’ve learned over the years to tell myself and just stop and say, “You know what? No. Look at everything you’ve done in the past. There is something new coming.” You’re going to have to find it. You’re going to have to work hard to find it. it’s not, also, that things are simply presented to you. Whether you’re working in a job or whether you’re unemployed or whether you’re seeking a job, you still have to work hard at it and I think that’s true of life in general. When you’re raising a child everyday you’ve got to work hard at it. It never really gets easier and I think that’s a good corollary to life in general. There’s always new challenges. And you’ll hav a good day and you’ll have a bad day, but it’s always a challenge. And you have to work very hard at it. Some thing goes for your career. Same thing goes for your whole life.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!