Coping with Transition from Transition is the New Normal 2016 with Douglas E. Welch [Audio] (0:46)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
The important fact I want to tell you is, while transition is normal, that struggle that you feel with it at times will ease. As you become more adept at dealing with transition you’ll simply get better at it. Part of it is that acceptance. To me, that acceptance part of transition is one of the first things you’ve got to get over. It is just something that happens and I’ve got to deal with it, but then you’ll actually get used to it and you’ll learn how to use it to your advantage. It also means that transition can make us feel like we’re out of control. Something else is controlling — “Our company laid us off, therefore they control my life.” Well, no. They control that one small aspect of your life.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!