Transition and Fear from Transition is the New Normal 2016 with Douglas E. Welch [Audio] (1:05)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Stability can be a little bit of a trap sometimes. Having been in positions for a variety of years from a year and a half to 9 months to 5 to 6 to 7 years or, in things that I do like my podcast and my writing 20 years — 15 years now, I guess on that and my overall career of 30+ years, we get lured into that stability trap. Now, when you realize that transition is constant and on-going, what’s one of the first responses you have to that? Fear. “Oh my god, oh my god. I can’t deal with this. It’s too much. I can’t be transition forever or I will go crazy.” As I often hear from people. You wil be in transition forever, but I can guarantee you, you will not go crazy. You’ll adapt. Humans are very flexible beings. We adapt to climate and politics and countries and we adapt to all this stuff. We can adapt to seeing transition as something normal in our lives.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!