Transition is Personal from Transition is the New Normal 2016 with Douglas E. Welch [Audio] (1:00)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Now we’re all in transition in some ways big small — I’m trying to think over the years how many transitions I’ve gone through. Just job-related – 6 8 10 12 — career related one or two. I have a son who is now turning 18. So, lots of transitions in my life over that time. I’ve actually spent the last three years myself in transition. So I describe it to people. What are you doing now? I’m in transition. Because I’m trying to reassemble everything that I did my life — and have a wide range of of interests in my life and if you visit the website you’ll actually see that it’s kind of all over the place. It’s technology. It’s art. It’s gardening. It’s careers. It’s all over and so I’ve been trying to reassemble that into what most people would call a career and the fact is I realized a long time ago my career will never resemble anybody else’s career and neither will yours, because careers are very, very personal. They come out of our own personal interests.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!