We have walked by Baked It Myself countless times on the way to and from our local library. I always assumed it was a place for cooking classes, based on the name, but today we noticed a new sign that said “Cafe”. Hmmm, cafe? Maybe coffee and pastries? So we decided to finally stop in and take a look.
Baked It Myself is actually a long-running catering concern that also offers light lunch fare from 11am-2pm weekdays. They also do a lot of business through delivery companies like GrubHub. The cafe is well-designed with a nice modern decor that still remains welcoming and includes a big table to 6 for informal get-togethers. Cheryl, the owner, was quite welcoming and we were pleased to let her know that the new Cafe sign worked. We had some coffee (drip only, no espresso drinks), some wonderful cookies and some great conversation. We plan on heading over for lunch sometime soon.
I am so glad they added the new sign or we might never have checked them out! Stop by for lunch and help support your local eateries!
- Farmers Market Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
- Turkey-Brie Sandwich
- Quinoa Wrap
…and “Orange Dot” Specials each day of the week, including…
- Monday: Stir fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, celery, onion, zucchini, yellow squash with jasmine rice, soy sauce and herbs.
- Tuesday: Soup of the Day with Grilled Cheese and Side Salad.
- Wednesday: Mushroom and Vegetable Lasagne with Bechamel, Herbs and Mozzarella cheese.
- Thursday: Tuscan turkey meatloaf with corn, carrots, tomato coulis topping roasted potatoes
- Friday: Slow stewed lemon chicken with olives and smothered onions-jasmine rice