If you’ve read this blog (or my TechnologyIQ) for any time, you already know that I am a huge fan of education as a hobby, learning as fun. I can enjoy reading some interesting scientific story as I can consuming the latest hit television show. I enjoy learning about new things almost more than anything else.
littleBits is a great kit that helps kids launch their electronics and robotics education in an easy and fun manner. Based on the ubiquitous Arduino, the littleBits kits remove some of the complexity of working with the raw Arduino and electronic components. The boards and components snap together magnetically without the need for wires or soldering. Each kit comes with an instruction guide with several prepared projects, but the kits lend themselves to further exploration once the basic concepts are mastered.
If you want to introduce your children (or your big kid (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) ) to the world of electronics and robotics then littleBits is a great place to start.
About the Product
- Play with light, sound, sensing and buttons without wiring, soldering or programming
- Contains modules not available in other kits: fan, pressure sensor, and vibration motor
- Includes instruction book with 10 projects and hundreds more online
- Over 600,000 possible circuit combinations
- Works with every other littleBits module and kit
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!