There are days when you want to get a lot of work done and your also have the energy to do it. Then there are days like today when I really didn’t want to do any work and didn’t have much energy to do it anyway. (LAUGH) Thankfully, since it was a Saturday during a long holiday weekend, there weren’t a lot of requirements on my part. Even so, I was able to get a little bit done and then, rather uncharacteristically took most of the day off.
About the only thing we HAD to accomplish was picking up one of our cars from the service department, so we walked about a mile to the service center and then I decided to walk another mile back and take the opportunity to shoot some pictures along the way. For the rest of the day we spent some time reading, some time watching videos, some time playing video games and made chicken marsala for dinner. Yum! Overall, it was probably a more typical Saturday than we have had in a long time.
Still, tomorrow is family visiting time and Monday has us scheduled to do a video shoot for school and some other errands, so our crazy life returns fairly quickly. The next 2 weeks bring Final exams, multiple awards banquets and the end of the school year so it will be a week of deep cleansing breaths, nice cups of tea and then some crazy, frantic moments. (LAUGH) — so basically more of the usual.
As I once used to do quite a bit, I have started to sit in the garden, quietly, for a few minutes each day to try and re-center myself and escape the busy-ness that surrounded these periods of my life. Long walks are also back on the agenda, too. After being stuck as the same weight for several months, it looks like I might be on-track for some additional weight loss. This is great news, as I have another 60 pounds to lose before I reach the weight my Doctor would like to see. I think I will be a bit too skinny, if that is possible, at that weight, but you never know unless you try.
I hope your school year is winding down — or at least your Summer is starting if your life doesn’t revolve around the educational calendar like ours does. We are looking forward to a little “chill out” time ourselves.
Previously on End of the Day:
- Don’t feed the trolls – End of the Day for May 23, 2014
- When Opportunity Knocks – End of the Day for May 22, 2014
- A simple night – End of the Day for May 21, 2014
- What are your secrets? – End of the Day for May 20, 2014
- Did someone get the number of that bus? – End of the Day for May 19, 2014
- Communication and confidence – End of the Day for May 18, 2014
- Attention, Mindfulness and Code Words – End of the Day for May 17, 2014
- Not ready to retire…in any way! – End of the Day for May 16, 2014
- Partners, friends and humanity – End of the Day for May 15, 2014
- What to do? What to do? – End of the Day for May 14, 2014
- Il Piccolo Pisolino (A Little Nap) – End of the Day for May 12, 2014
- It’s the small things – End of the Day for May 11, 2014
- A day off, more or less – End of the Day for May 10, 2014
- The importance of stopping – End of the Day for May 9, 2014
- Expectations of change lead to disappointment – End of the Day for May 8, 2014
- Loneliness – End of the Day for May 7, 2014
- Some days are best when they are over – End of the Day for May 6, 2014
- Control your technology, life, work, don’t let it control you – End of the Day for May 5, 2014
- On tradition, ritual and the smaller moments of life – End of the Day for May 4, 2014
- Of boats and oceans and foxes – End of the Day for May 3, 2014
- Off to the islands again tomorrow – End of the Day for May 2, 2014
- End of the Day for April 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014