There are some days that just give you a sense of accomplishment at the end as you ease your tired body into bed and today was one of those days. First, I had gone to bed much earlier than usual and arose earlier as a result. This allowed me to fulfill all my daily routine obligations of blogging and posting before the major event of the day.
\Rosanne was presenting on “Doctor Who and Culture” at Cal Poly Pomona as part of National Library Week and I went along as factotum and Majordomo. I was there to tote cases, be a loving, attentive spouse and also to record the event on video, audio and still pictures. Photos and video from the talk will be coming soon, but here is an animated gif to whet your appetite.
Col Poly Pomona students interview Rosanne after her presentation
I think this was one of the best presentations I have seen Rosanne give and the crowd was SRO (Standing Room Only). it was an attentive crowd, with lots of great questions and overall a great success. Afterwards we retired for lunch together and then moved on to Mount San Antonio Community College for Rosanne to teach her African-American History classes while I worked in the college library on my own projects. After that we returned home secure that we had one of the best days in a long time. Lots was accomplished — and accomplished well. Whenever this happens you need to take time to appreciate and relish it — just as I am doing by writing this. Tonight we shall both sleep well, secure in the knowledge of a day well done.
The next time you have a good day, savor it, remember it and relish it. You can never be sure when the next good day will come along.
Previously on End of the Day:
- The quiet time of night – End of the Day for April 15, 2014
- All of you out there listening and reading in dark! – End of the Day for April 14, 2014
- Sunday Night Dread and a Place of Self Preservation – End of the Day for April 13, 2014
- Summer is galloping down upon us! – End of the Day for April 12, 2014
- The Art of Fine Conversation – End of the Day for April 11, 2014
- Time to get out of town again – End of the Day for April 10, 2014
- Tech support needs an overhaul – End of the Day for April 9, 2014
- It’s hot in Topeka! – End of the Day for April 8. 2014
- Pushing through the rough parts — End of the Day for April 7, 2014
- Tired, tired, tired — End of the Day for April 6, 2014
- Popcorn – The secret to a happy relationship – End of the Day for April 5, 2014
- Another closing. Another Show – End if the Day for April 5, 2004
- Common Courtesy – End of the Day for April 3, 2014
- Attention must be paid – End of the Day for April 2, 2014
- “The torch has been passed to a new generation” – End of the Day for April 1, 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014