Growing up in a very small town, I was never one to spend evenings out, since there really wasn’t anywhere to go except the local pizza house. Of course, I spent waaaaay too much time there, but otherwise it was a very quiet small town life. In college, Rosanne and I spent so many hours in the theater we rarely ever “dated.” An evening out at Miles Pizza after the show was about as far as we got.
Even as young marrieds in Los Angeles, we sometimes went out for dinner and show, but we were never types to go to clubs, although the Iguana Cafe coffeehouse saw us for many hours over our years in North Hollywood. Once we had Joseph, of course, our evenings out had to be more planned and scheduled, but we had some great babysitters so we got out even now and then.
Now that Joe is almost 16, we can go off and do our own thing in the evenings, if we want, and we have made a few excuses over the years to make that more frequent. I call LA Friday Coffee meetups every so often and now we have the Food Truck Fridays at Creme Caramel LA within walking distance of the house, so that makes it easy. We just have to get our own lazy butts out the door, but we do get out a but more frequently. We will, hopefully, have a micro-brewery in the neighborhood soon, so that will give us another cool venue to visit.
There we are hanging out a tonight’s Food Truck Fridays, Rosanne had an excellent Curry Gardenburger from the Hurricane truck, while I settled for a “Brookie” from Creme Caramel itself. This cross between a brownie and cookie was very rich and better than I even thought it might be. I try to check out any new items on the menu at least once, but I hadn’t had a chance to taste this yet. Very yummy.
So, it is a bit odd, but I think we get out in the evening more now than we ever really did before. It looks like it will continue with so much cool stuff coming to the neighborhood.
Previously on End of the Day:
- …and the days roll by — End of the Day for February 20, 2014
- You are getting sleepy — very, very sleepy… — End of the Day for February 19, 2014
- Sitting around talking — and making the world a better place, I hope — End of the Day for February 18, 2014
- Holiday over, now back to work! — End of the Day for February 17, 2014
- Take a Picture Already — End of the Day for February 16, 2014
- An “At Home” Day — End of the Day for February 15, 2014
- Truly the end of the day — End of the Day for February 14, 2014
- Grandpa Claude’s Birthday – End of the Day for February 13, 2014
- Why do we do what we do? — End of the Day for February 12, 2014
- 50! — End of the Day for February 11, 2014
- The Dad Cycle — End of the Day for February 10, 2014
- Stillness, silence and sand — End of the Day for February 9, 2014
- Parental Robots? – End of the Day for February 8, 2014
- Topics of (dis)interest – End of the Day for February 7, 2014
- Home again — End of the Day for February 6, 2014
- …but Mom, he followed me home! — End of the Day for February 5, 2014
- All parenting is ad lib – End of the Day for February 4, 2014
- A little bit of this and a little bit of nothing – End of the Day for February 3, 2014
- Was that rain on the roof? – End of the Day for February 2, 2014
- Growing up – End of the Day for February 1, 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014