Books on Hold: An Apple A Day: 365 Recipes with Creative Crafts, Fun Facts, and 12 Recipes from Celebrity Chefs Inside!
Books on Hold is a blog series dedicated to books I have seen in passing and requested from my local library. See more in the series at the end of this blog post. — Douglas
“Taking something classic and giving it a new twist, An Apple a Day is a fresh, daily cookbook, filled to the brim with 365 apple recipes carefully selected to reflect the holidays, seasons, and months of the year (Pumpkin-Apple Soup in October; Grilled Turkey Burger with Apple-Chipotle Sauce in July), as well as current culinary trends and decorating projects.
Different from other apple cookbooks on the market, this extensive collection of recipes will go far beyond the tried and true apple dishes, to include novel recipes for savory meals such as Risotto with Apples and Crêpes, salads such as Thai-Style Pork Belly with Apples; cocktails such as Frozen Apple Daiquiri—and so much more. Nor will traditional favorites be neglected; the book will offer multiple ways to make applesauce, baked apples, pies, tarts, muffins, crisps, pastries and cookies. The recipes in the book will be accompanied by crafty, room decor and ambience-enhancing projects such as seasonal centerpieces and apple-scented candles, designed for a delightful, multi-sensory apple experience.”
Previously in Books on Hold:
- The drunken botanist : the plants that create the world’s great drinks
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- Salty Snacks: Make Your Own Chips, Crisps, Crackers, Pretzels, Dips, and Other Savory Bites
- Pancake: A Global History
- Breakfast for Dinner: Recipes for Frittata Florentine, Huevos Rancheros, Sunny-Side-Up Burgers, and More!
- Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community by Joy Deangdeelert Cho
- Nigellissima: Easy Italian-Inspired Recipes by Nigella Lawson
- Just Start: Take Action, Embrace Uncertainty, Create the Future
- Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes (Martha Stewart Living)
- How to Boil An Egg by Rose Carrarini
- Dirt Candy: A Cookbook: Flavor-Forward Food from the Upstart New York City Vegetarian Restaurant by Amanda Cohen
- See more Books on Hold here!