Books on Hold: The Naked Brewer: Fearless Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Rule-breaking Recipes by Christina Perozzi, Hallie Beaune
Books on Hold is a blog series dedicated to books I have seen in passing and requested from my local library. See more in the series at the end of this blog post. — Douglas
I am a big fan of beer and have often thought about making my own. Hard cider is as close as I have come, though. Perhaps this book will push me over the edge into some full-on beer brewing.
“For novice and experienced homebrewers alike, a year’s worth of homebrew recipes and how-tos that will arm you with the basic wisdom any homebrewer needs to build their brewing know-how.
In The Naked Brewer, Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune provide a spectrum of seasonal homebrew recipes with something for every beer-loving palate, from a Black Smoke Pale, Crisp Summer Kolsch, or Honey Chamomile Blonde perfect for summer, to heartier brews like a Pecan Pie Brown, Imperial Blood Red, or Fig and Clove Dubbel. This brewers’ handbook will help you master tricks like:
- Recipes for easy tinctures, syrups, and preserves that will become unique additions to your homebrew.
- The Top 10 Brewing Don’ts that will help you be the most successful brewer possible.
- How to make a whiskey barrel–aged beer by adding whiskey-soaked wood cubes to your brew.
- How to make a delicious German brew with just a fifteen-minute boil.
The Naked Brewer shows you how to make tasty, interesting, and innovative brews in the comfort of your home that you will be proud to share with friends.”
Previously in Books on Hold:
- The Backyard Parables: Lessons on Gardening, and Life by Margaret Roach
- Pure Dessert by Alice Medrich
- The Science of Good Cooking: Master 50 Simple Concepts to Enjoy a Lifetime of Success in the Kitchen (Cook’s Illustrated Cookbooks)
- Martha’s American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation’s Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast by Martha Stewart
- The Layered Garden: Design Lessons for Year-Round Beauty from Brandywine Cottage
- Home Made Winter by Yvette van Boven (Author), Oof Verschuren (Photographer)
- Come In, We’re Closed: An Invitation to Staff Meals at the World’s Best Restaurants