I Like This – October 11, 2011
October 10th, 2011
A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Kicking hybrids out of carpool lanes backfires, slowing traffic for all – October 10, 2011 – Hmmmm….
- 15 companies hiring for the holidays – October 10, 2011
- The Curvy Carrot » Cherry Chocolate Kisses – October 10, 2011 – Oh my! This looks like a wonderful switch on the usual peanut butter and chocolate kiss cookies I make each Christmas.
- Mangio da Sola: Crockpot Chicken and Dressing – October 10, 2011 – Looking for easy to make recipes for those nights when life gets in the way of more complicated cooking.
- Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies – October 10, 2011
- Side Dish Saturdays: Chickpeas, Bacon and Spinach (Add Your Links) – October 8, 2011
- Free Web Conferencing from LiveMinutes – October 8, 2011 – Another FREE live conferencing solution
- Apple Cider Syrup – Syrup Recipe With Cider and Brown Sugar – October 8, 2011 – Fall? Check Cider? Check. If Fall=T and Cider=T then MUST make some of this!
- River Cottage – River Cottage Community Recipes – October 8, 2011 – Looking for ways to get more veg in my diet, and this sounds like a great way to do it. I like lentils and we recently started making several curry recipes, so this one seems good to add to that mix. I might reduce the overall size of this recipe as, in the TV show, it was designed to feed an army of firemen.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread Recipe – October 8, 2011 – Sounds good for a Fall brunch or business meeting. It is the season for pumpkin and I am seeing recipes for it everywhere.
- Orange Creamsicle Homemade Ice Cream Recipe | Domestic Pursuits – October 8, 2011 – Another ice cream recipe that came to mind, so I went searching for it
- » Blog Archive » Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – October 8, 2011 – Sounds yummy and perfect for this time of year.
- AnyMeeting, The Free Webinar Service, Launches Redesign, Six-Way Video Conferencing – October 8, 2011 – I did some testing with this site today. The overall functionality appears to work well, but the recording function seems a bit wonky. Video was there, but the audio seemed to be lost. I will contact them and see if there is a solution to that problem.
- PUMPKIN PIE FUDGE – October 7, 2011 – More fudgy goodness to try this season.
- Seeing Trees – Book Review – October 7, 2011 – This sounds like a good book to curl up with on a cold Winter’s night. I have added it to my Goodreads.com To Read list. Available on Amazon from the WelchWrite Bookstore.
- Cake Batter Ice Cream – October 7, 2011 – Now that I have an ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer, these recipes are starting to show up everywhere.
- Carla Hall's Fried Apple Pancake Rings – October 7, 2011 – Sounds like a cool idea and adds a little fruit to the pancake. Worth trying at least once. I think I would have to thin out the pancake batter I use, though.
- Martha Monday: Warm Vanilla Apple Cider Recipe – October 7, 2011 – Yummy for a cold winter evening. I am sure we will find one fo these, eventually, here in Los Angeles. What a great drink to share with friends and family.
- Pin and Paper: Recycled Can Lid Plant Markers – October 6, 2011 – Cool addition to any garden, great recycling and great gifts
- HAWAII GARDENING: DIY Watering Can – October 6, 2011 – Cool and simple way to reuse a container. I have needed a more gently watering can and I think I have some of these empty bottles in the laundry. Project Time! (SMILE)
Categories: Shared Items